Scenario-based Question in The Articulate Storyline Template Of The Week
Any attractive multimedia screen will never fail to grasp a learner’s attention. It will surely promote motivation, accelerate learning, and enhance retention.
This week, we will review a scenario-based assessment template. The opening scenario has two characters who converse with each other and set a context for the question. This is followed by a multiple choice single select activity and a feedback that is provided based on the learner responses.
Just as any other assessment, the purpose of having a scenario-based assessment within a course is to check the learner’s understanding. What is distinct about this scenario-based assessment is that it gives learners a chance to evaluate their response in a given hypothetical work situation. It can be used to mimic a real life situation and establish relevance for the learners. This can be achieved by introducing a scene, posing a problem or a challenge, and asking the learners to make a choice.
However, there are various ways in which we can use this template, and it is not at all restricted to this one. Let us explore a few instances unfolding how this template can be leveraged:
- This template can pose a pre-test to check the learner’s prior knowledge before they begin the course.
- This template can be used as a context setting question where a real-life situation and problem are presented to learners.
- This template can be used at the end of a lesson to give an opportunity to learners to apply their knowledge to a real-life scenario.
Articulate Storyline Assessment Template Customization Tips
There is no limit to the subject line for which we could use this scenario-based assessment template. The template can very well blend with diversified topics. It entirely depends on how we think and build a scenario around it.
- This template can be customized for presenting branching scenarios where a series of questions are presented progressively. The feedback could be linked to the next scenario.
- This template can be enhanced by using other visual elements such as a narrator avatar in the foreground to introduce the problem, then leading to the scenario and the question. This can also add value to the concept.
Not to forget, we can always customize the color scheme, characters and the surroundings to match your brand.
There are absolutely no restrictions to how you want to use and customize this Articulate storyline template. Hope you will like using this eLearning template. We’d like to know your thoughts on the same.
Explore the other assessment templates, as well as other categories that our eLearningDom template library offers.